12.11.2014

Ewa Michalak SM Trefl

One of the many SM bras that I've had from Ewa Michalak. It's a better fitting one and I think it's for some specific reasons.



I bought this bra used from someone on Bratabase some months ago. I had just grown out of my 28HH Lily and tweaked out internally trying to figure out which sizes I should be buying in everything.

Ewa Michalak SM Trefl in 65J
I can't ever decide if the material this is made out of is comfortable or not. It feels fine on my breasts, but it's slightly uncomfortable under the arms. Not necessarily scratchy... just maybe a little rough. It's hard to explain, but it's not terrible - definitely wearable. 

I do like the lace pattern on the cups, though I'm on the fence when it comes to the diamond square thing on the gore. It's different from what you normally see, but I'm not actually a diamond - or even a jewelry - type of girl, so I could live without it. 


I'm sure by now I don't have to mention the empty space at the straps. It's a thing, we know.
Maybe the seams give it away, but I'm pretty sure the cups on this bra are technically too big for me. I think a couple things are making it passable:
The straps have actually been moved in by the previous owner to avoid the "cutting off the arms" feeling from wide-set straps. I think this makes the Trefl similar to Marcie and I'll explain why...

Trefl and other SM bras are supposed to be quite revealing. Because this bra is too big for me, there is, of course, extra material I shouldn't be able to fill out. But since the straps were moved in, it changed the way the cup performs and has made them a bit shallower than usual - kinda like how Marcie is. So the shallower bottom is causing my breasts to move up the cup and since there's excess fabric from it's being technically too big, my breasts are still contained as they're pushed up and have more room at the gore than they normally would. This actually results in a (mostly) tacking gore - hence my comparison to Marcie. 
I hope that made sense!


With wires that measure 5.9", this Trefl is similar to Marcie in yet another aspect. Same as with the Halfek though, these wires are more U shaped and so they end up feeling more narrow. The band is a bit too tight, though and is causing the wires to widen.

Unfortunately, a downside of being technically too big for me, is that the wing height is 4.6" - hitting and passing my limit for comfort. 
I think I'm a little particular in my shape and needs because I don't have much fullness at all on the sides, especially towards the top (*cough* all the empty space I keep mentioning!). That means I really don't need a bra to be tall under the arms since there isn't much to contain there... just a pronounced tail of spence. However, most bras I've come across are at least 4" tall in my size range, so I end up having to deal with a lot of unnecessary coverage and discomfort.

*When I get the hang of my camera and lighting, I'll revise the photos with lots of noise to better show details.
The final similarity to Marcie that this bra has is that it also stretches to about 29.5". I usually wear this bra with an extender because it's a bit firmer than Marcie.
Unlike Marcie, this one has four rows of three hook and eye closures instead of 3x2. It's much more stable, supportive and comfortable, if not slightly too firm at times. I used to think more hooks meant old lady bras, but that's a crock of poo. There's too much weight in the front to be knocking the extra support.

Almost forgot to mention, the straps are fully adjustable!

This Trefl fits better than the Bezyk I had bought along with it in the same size. Unfortunately, that one was sold nearly the same day I received it so I won't be able to share it here.

I think I lucked out with this bra. I don't think it's meant to fit me like it does, but I won't look a gift horse in the mouth!

No comments:

Post a Comment