11.24.2014

An Altered Marcie

I didn't post a picture of Marcie by itself because I don't have any pictures of it from before I did what I'm about to show you.



My Marcie is now sheer! *happy*

I quite like it this way. I feel like it looks more cohesive with the transparency in both the upper lace part and the lower parts.
Here's a reminder of what it used to look like before the alteration:

Before

After
For anyone interested; it's super easy to do yourself. If you own one, you might have noticed there's two layers of fabric in the lower two parts of the cups. They're only being held together by the seams of the bra, so you can cut out the inner lining by following the seams, super carefully. Like really, really carefully. I did it to both my 30GG and 28HH and I got over confident when doing the 28HH (of course it's the one that fits) and I accidentally nipped the layer that's staying. Luckily, it was by the seam and I was able to put a couple stitches into it to keep it from spreading. It was such a tiny hole, I can't actually see where I stitched it up, in the pictures.

I wish I had taken pictures of the process, but it didn't occur to me at the time. If I ever do it again, I'll be sure to snap some. At least if you decide to do it, you know what it will look like now. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment